Why are more people asking What's With Wheat?
Wheat has been eaten for thousands of years, why oh why it is causing health issues for so many people now? A new eye opening Australian made documentary ‘What’s With Wheat?’ has recently been released and is starting important conversations.
Wheat has become the way of life for the modern family. Cereal and toast is served for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, cakes and biscuits for snacks, pasta and buns for dinner. The thought of giving up wheat horrifies most.
Do you suffer from any of the following conditions?
- Digestive issues
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Fructose malabsorption
- Autoimmune disease
- Headaches or migraine
- Skin conditions
- Anxiety or depression
- Focus and concentration problems
- Memory issues
- Leaky gut
- Joint pain
Until I personally went on a search for answers to help my husband heal from a serious bone infection while also searching for a better way to cope emotionally for myself....I had never considered making food changes as I actually though I was eating fairly healthy already. Wasn’t following the food guidelines and ‘everything in moderation’ ok?
I’m very thankful I started down the road of learning, questioning and empowering myself with knowledge. If my eyes hadn’t been open to the powerful role food plays in our health, I wouldn’t know what true wellness feel like. I now feel back in control of my health and moods and it has been life changing.
Eliminating wheat from our diet has eliminated my regular headaches, excess kilos and puffiness, my low moods, back pain and PMS symptoms. My husband’s bone infection healed and he is off all medications. Our immune systems are strong, energy increased and brain fog gone.
Questions answered in the ‘What’s With Wheat?’ film:
- Is it only people with Celiac disease that really need to avoid gluten?
- What is non-celiac gluten-intolerance and is there a test for it?
- Who is behind breakfast cereals and wheat becoming a big portion of the modern diet?
- What started the low-fat revolution?
- Is it the actual wheat or what they have done to it?
- How is food addiction related to wheat?
- What about fortification?
- What about the food pyramid and the food guidelines?
- What is the history of wheat across the ages and its role in culture and tradition?
- What is sprayed on our conventionally grown crops and the impacts on health?
- Does Glyphosate (the active ingredient in Round up) affect humans or only the plants?
- What’s the difference between the bread in the supermarket compared to the traditional sourdoughs?
- Is wheat just found in our food or also in our skin care products, medications and supplements?
- What could be the root cause of autoimmune diseases?
- What parts of the body are most affected when you are gluten-intolerant?
- How do you turn on the genes for health?
Is this documentary based on science and latest research?
Absolutely! If you are science and medically minded you will find this super interesting. However it is also explained in easy to understand terms for the rest of us.
Do yourself and your family a huge favour and watch ‘What’s With Wheat?’
Better yet attend a local screening event in your community.
The impact of being in a room of people hearing the same information and being able to talk and connect afterwards with each other will provide an even bigger impact. Knowing you are not alone in your symptoms and in your journey to reclaim wellness makes a huge difference to your success. These live screening events will definitely be something you want to be a part of, even if you have already seen the film, and a great opportunities to bring along skeptic family and friends.
Find your local screening events
- Glenbrook NSW Screening on 10th August 2016
- Castle Hill NSW Screening on 14th August 2016
- Other screening events across Australia
As the film’s co-director Cyndi O’Meara, Nutritionist and Founder of Changing Habits says,
“The story of wheat is the story of food. Become educated, become knowledgeable, become aware. Start making changes, step by step, habit by habit and we may be able to create a tsunami of change that will change the health of our children and future generations.”
Elevating your understanding and knowledge in this area will help put you back in the driver’s seat of life.
Knowledge is empowering! Action is life changing! Wellness is bliss.