Healthy Chocolate, Low carb, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
A guilt-free chocolate berry raw slice with added probiotic benefits of hidden coconut yoghurt. Your moods, hormones, gut health AND taste buds are going to love you for this one!
Date-free Base Ingredients:
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- pinch seaweed salt
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
Date-free Base Method:
Step 1: Line a tray with baking paper.
Step 2: Process all ingredients well in a food processor or thermomix (Thermomix method: speed 5, 30 seconds)
Step 2: Pour mixture into tray and press down with fingers to create an even base. Put into freezer while you prepare the next layers.
Berry Middle Ingredients:
- 100g berries of your choice (if you are using frozen berries, thaw out first)
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt*
Berry Middle Method:
Step 1: Process berries first in food processor or thermoimix until a puree. (Thermomix method: speed 7, 10 seconds)
Step 2: Add in coconut, coconut oil and vanilla and process again. (Thermomix method: speed 5, 30 seconds)
Step 3: Fold in coconut yoghurt. (Thermomix method: reverse setting, speed 3, 10 seconds)
Step 4: Spread mixture evening over the base and return the tray to the freezer.
Chocolate Top Ingredients:
- 150g pure cacao melts
- 50g coconut oil
- 1 Table maple syrup (or more if want it sweeter)
Alternatively you can melt a quality bought dark chocolate.
Chocolate Top Method - Thermomix version:
Step 1: Mill cacao melts on speed 9, 10 seconds
Step 2: Add coconut oil and syrup. Melt everything together 37 degrees, speed 3, 15 minutes
Chocolate Top Method - Stovetop version:
Step 1: Boil water in the saucepan. Place double boiler or stainless steel bowl over the top. (make sure the water does not come right up to the bowl)
Step 2: Add all ingredients together and stir over low heat for 10 minutes or until everything is melted together.
Chocolate Top Method - both versions
Step 3: Pour chocolate onto slice and allow to cool at room temperature before cutting into squares.
This slice will keep well stored in an airtight container in the freezer, allow pieces to thaw in fridge before eating. If keeping slice just in fridge, best consumed within 3 days as the yoghurt will ferment the berries to alcohol if left too long together.
Benefits of Kultured Wellness Coconut Yoghurt
- 9 beneficial strains, 41 billion CFU per cup
- High in Bifidobacterium to help you digest your plant matter, also important for immune system, leaky gut and mental health.
- Suitable for people who can't tolerate traditional/wild fermented foods, e.g histamine intolerance, SIBO, autoimmune conditions
- D-Lactate free to benefit people with e.g. MTHFR, liver and detox problems
- Healthy fats helps to boost brain function and rebalance hormones.
Read more about Kultured Wellness Coconut Yoghurt HERE
Local? Yes we stock Kultured Wellness Coconut Yoghurt Starters. Contact Us to order and arrange pick-up from:
- Melinda at Emu Plains, NSW anytime by appointment.
- At our workshop locations (Richmond, Penrith, Wahroonga, Castle Hill)
Learn first hand!
Attend one of our 'Healing the Gut' workshops to see first hand how to make the coconut yoghurt using Kultured Wellness starters, what it should taste like and look like. So you know what to expect, how best to introduce it and more ways to enjoy it. Plus you will also learn how to make (and taste!) other gut healing and probiotic foods and drinks at the workshop so you will know what your family would like. Ask your questions and walk out confident to start.