Melinda Blundell is a Functional Nutrition coach, experienced trainer and presenter. With a diverse background in event management, community services, volunteer management, training, nutrition and holistic health, Melinda is a passionate wellness advocate inspiring and empowering others to live their desired life.
After a five year journey of healing herself and her family using food as medicine and continually learning and educating herself, Melinda aims to meet you where you are at and help you cut through the confusion to see the clearer steps forward to your goals.
“I used to think I was healthy and what I was feeding my family was healthy. I just thought my symptoms were 'normal' for me, or just part of getting older. Headaches, PMS symptoms and pain, regular colds, sinus, back pain, low moods, getting cranky when hungry, a muffin top and some extra kilos.
I used to eat what we are 'told' is healthy - low fat versions of everything and lots of 'healthy' whole-grains.
After a family crisis and lots of little nudges from the universe I finally answered the wake up call and decided to stand up and take responsibility for my family's health and healing. I empowered myself with knowledge and then took ACTION step-by-step.
Making food and lifestyle changes has been profound. All my symptoms have gone! Yes even my headaches and the emotional monthly rollercoaster and painful cramps. I’ve lost weight by eating fat with no additional exercise and no counting calories or carbs! Brain fog has lifted; sleep is sounder and energy levels sustained.
Most importantly I'm a much happier and calmer MUM for my son!!
I'm loving this version of 'normal' SOOOO much more!
I would love others to know that a better normal really is possible and it’s wholeheartedly worth the effort”.
Here at EMU Wellness we believe in:
- The healing and nourishing power of clean, real wholefoods.
- Taking a holistic approach to wellness including nutrition, lifestyle and mindset
- Simplifying the complicated
- Making learning fun and inspiring
- Taking responsibility for our own life
- Sense of community and the importance of social connections
Warning: We like to question things and challenge the status quo…because let’s be honest…sticking our heads in the sand and following the social norm is making Australians fatter and physically and mentally sicker. We love this country and our mission is to have a positive impact on the health and happiness levels of all.
Warning: This is not about quick fixes…because let’s be honest…they don’t really exists anyway. This is about real food and empowering yourself with the knowledge, tools and skills to make successful lasting change.
What do we enjoy eating?
- Ethically raised, free-range meats
- Organic vegetables and fruit
- Eggs from our happy backyard chickens
- Lots of healthy fats like coconut oil, real butter, tallow, olive oil, avocado, nuts
- Homemade gluten-free cakes and slices using e.g. coconut flour, almond meal
- Dark chocolate and coffee
- Some full-fat dairy plus dairy alternatives like coconut milk and yogurt
- Bone broths and fermented foods